Franklin Method Workshop
Breathing Workshop Using the Franklin Method
Valerie Senter-Williams, Instructor Certified in the Franklin Method
The Franklin Method is an evidence-based modality that combines movement, imagery, and anatomical education to create lasting positive changes in your body and mind. It’s the fastest and most effective anatomy-based approach to permanently retraining your body and mind for optimal function, posture, and self-healing.
In this workshop you will
- learn the anatomy of breathing
- learn which muscles are used in breathing and how to engage them
- practice several breathing exercises and practice using imagery to enhance movement, leading to an improvement in your energy level
- learn the skill of being present in your body (your mind-body connection) in order to successfully make positive changes.
Benefits of this workshop include
- reducing stress
- reducing inflammation
- reducing lower back pain and pelvic pain
- calming your mind.
Registration Fee: $30 for members, $35 for nonmembers
* Monday Jan. 31st. Price increases after that: Members: $35, nonmembers, $40
Date: Thursday, February 3rd
Time: 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
Where: Pilates by Val Studio, 2558 Gulf Breeze Pkwy., Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
Valerie Senter-Williams, NCPT, has a BBA in marketing from TCU. She has over 37 years’ experience in the fitness field, having owned her own fitness business for over 20 years and her own Pilates studio for the last 16 years located in Gulf Breeze, FL. She has attended and completed required hours with Polestar Education, Powerhouse Pilates, and PhysicalMind Institute. Val is also a Franklin Method Pelvic Power and Spine Instructor. Pilates by Val Studio is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).